I decided to do a blog to put ideas about games, crafts, and other activities out there to help you all get fun ideas to do with your little ones. If you're in need of something to do read my posts and post comments to let me know if you had fun with the activity. Thank all of you for reading my blog!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer: So Close...yet so far

Summer is here! Although, it did seem like school dragged on forever... at least it seemed that way to me. I got out last Friday...Thank Goodness! But the last few weeks of school went by so slowly. Teachers were trying to cram every last bit of information into our heads before they released us to freedom! The suspense of summer made all the work seem a lot harder because everyone was ready to be done before our brains could explode! But, the work load slowed to a stop, life is got easier, and summer vacation finally arrived. I don't know if any of your kids feel all this stress or exhaustion, particularly the older ones, but if so I would recommend for them to keep working hard so all the work ends faster and the teachers ease up. My family and I left for Sunriver Resort in Oregon on Saturday and came home today. It was a great vacation! there were all kinds activities, such as hiking, biking, swimming, etc. One particularly cool thing we did was hike through a massive lava cave that was really deep underground. It was formed by a lava flow 100,000 years ago when Newberry Volcano erupted. Another really fun adventure was mountain biking down a volcano while stopping at many spots along the Paulina River. The water was freezing cold!!! But, it was still awesome because we got to swim, jump in, get carried out from under a waterfall by the current, and sliding down rocks with the current into deeper water! The weather there was nice throughout our entire stay :) I highly recommend Sunriver Resort as a place to go! I will be starting Camp Kt back up again really soon so keep checking back for new posts with Camp Kt activity reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment